Re: [cp-patches] FYI: more CopyOnWriteArrayList fixlets

Il giorno lun, 26/11/2007 alle 09.29 +0000, Ian Rogers ha scritto:

> Looking at the current status, TimeUnitTest looks to be failing as the
> version of JSR166 in the external directory is old enough not to be
> declaring TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS:
>
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~irogers/jsr166/production/jsr166-tck/TimeUnitTest.default-output.txt
>
> I wonder if some of the other failures could be down to an old JSR 166.
> What's the protocol to update the code in the external directory?

I think so. CopyOnWriteArrayList was also written by Doug Lea, I have no
reason to believe he has not released it under public domain like the
rest of the code (I admit I have not checked, though), so I think that
we simply ship an old version. Being it in the external I would just
download the new one (if any) and go with it.

Also, if that means to remove CopyOnWriteArrayList also, well, go for
it :)

Mark? hints?

Thanks,
Mario