Classpath hacking in Eclipse

Hi all.

I want to use Eclipse debug my application running on Classpath.  I
tried to follow the instructions at

  http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathHackingWithEclipse

to set up my environment, but I’ve run into a couple of stumbling
blocks.

I tried first with jamvm.  All of the steps in the wiki page work, but
when it comes to debugging my application, jamvm complains that it
doesn’t know what -Xdebug means.  So I patched jamvm to ignore that (and
-Xnoagent), but Eclipse also passed a
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,suspend=y,address=localhost:37927
command line argument, and that looks like something that couldn’t be
just ignored to get debugging working properly.  Does jamvm support
debugging from Eclipse?

I also tried with cacao, grabbing the sources from the hg repository.
Again, the steps in the wiki succeeded, but when it came to debugging,
Eclipse tells me:

  main: lt_dlsym failed: /usr/local/jdk1.6.0_03/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so: undefined symbol: vm_createjvm

Anybody know what this could be?  (I presume it’s mentioning jdk1.6.0_03
because that’s VM that Eclipse itself is running on.)

Any help in getting one of the two VMs working in Eclipse would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Cameron

--