Re: Gnu-Classpath on StrongARM

On Thursday 18 October 2007 12:41:21 Vladimir Nikolov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to install the actual GNU-Classpath 0.96.1 on a StrongARM
> machine, running with Debian. I hope to be able then to use it without
> problems together with the JamVM 1.4.5, and also to make use of new
> features like annotations and generics.
> First of all, where can I download the correct 0.96.1 package? The
> download link on the official GNU CP page seems to be broken: after a
> klick on the download link, I get a "550 Failed to change directory" alert.

We're having a problem getting the official upload made at the moment.  For
the time being, you can obtain a copy from http://builder.classpath.org/dist
Sorry for the inconvienence.

> Similarly I've tried to install the 0.95 version on the ARM machine,
> since it seems also to support 1.5 generics and annotations.

It does; 0.96 is mainly a bug fix release.

> But,
> unfortunatelly I get the following error message:
>
> /usr/bin/ecj -1.5
> -warn:-deprecation,serial,typeHiding,unchecked,unused,varargsCast
> -proceedOnError -bootclasspath '' -classpath
> ../vm/reference:..:../external/w3c_dom:../external/sax:../external/relaxngD
>atatype:../external/jsr166:.:: -d . @classes
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>    <<No stacktrace available>>
>    <<No stacktrace available>>

There's not much we can do with so little information.  Does /usr/bin/ecj
compile a Java file okay? e.g. can you compile a simple HelloWorld app with
it?

--
Andrew :)