Re: Issues with rl.jar

Hi,

On 10/15/07, Larry Suto <larry.suto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I  am using gnu-classpath 0.95 with jamvm and the Oracle rl.jar and am
> getting this error:
> sh-2.05b# /usr/local/jamvm/bin/jamvm -cp . -jar rl.jar -p "RL>"
> ***********NATIVE LIB OPEN
> /usr/local/classpath/lib/classpath/libjavanio.so
> ***********NATIVE LIB OPEN
> /usr/local/classpath/lib/classpath/libjavaio.so
> ***********NATIVE LIB OPEN
> /usr/local/classpath/lib/classpath/libjavalang.so
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> oracle/rules/rl/session/CommandLine
>    at java.lang.VMClass.forName(Native Method)
>    at java.lang.Class.forName (Class.java:233)
>    at jamvm.java.lang.JarLauncher.main(JarLauncher.java:46)
>
> Has anyone verified that gnu-classpath 0.94 works with rl.jar

Not that I know of.  If I was looking at this, this is what I would do:

1) Try it on Sun's VM, to check that you can rl.jar in the way that
you're doing.

2) If that works, unpack the rl.jar file using jar xvf rl.jar

3) Look to see if oracle/rules/rl/session/CommandLine.class exists

4) If if does exist, something strange is going on.

5) If it doesn't, it may be that the manifest file is setting up
classpath using a Class-Path header

6) If it is, try adding the contents to the classpath on the jamvm command line.

Rob.