Re: Classpath 0.96

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:27:15 +0100
Andrew John Hughes <a.hughes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We ought to do a release soonish.  There are a number of patches on
> HEAD that should be in a release, and ideally
> we'd like to see a 0.96 release used by the new JikesRVM release, 2.9.2.
>
> I've started documenting things here:
>
> http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathRelease096

	What I'd like to know, as a simple user is when Classpath will
provide a Java plugin equivalent to Sun JRE plugin.

	I mean, I know I can use gcjwebplugin, but it doesn't work for
all cases, all applets etc. Now that Java was GPLed, how much time will
it take so classpath will merge code from Sun so we can have a
gcjwebplugin that works in all cases? Or in the end, it isn't a problem
with gcjwebplugin and just gcj?

	Thank you!

	Ps: I'm interested in classpath because it's the only option I
have for a 64 bit plugin... since Sun refuses to release a 64 bit
plugin :( I saw the GPL Java announcement, but I don't understand how
the code is being distributed...If at least Sun would release all the
source code so we can compile the plugin ourselves, it would be much
better.

--
Linux 2.6.22: Holy Dancing Manatees, Batman!
http://www.lastfm.pt/user/danielfraga