Re: Mauve regressions between 0.95 and current CVS

On Saturday 11 August 2007 08:57, Audrius Meskauskas wrote:
> Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> > please take a look.  They are available from:
> >
> > http://fuseyism.com/classpath/
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Hi, Andrew,
>
> Thanks a lot for testing. When looking into comparison, I have noticed
> the following:

Thanks for taking the time to look them over :)

> 1. It seems that there are multiple of "time out" errors like:
> + Test timed out.  Use -timeout [millis] option to change the timeout
> value.
>
> Maybe we could just use that -timeout to get more precise ?

I need to double check what options the tests are run with (it's done via a
script) but I think there is a timeout value set.  I'll try increasing it.

> 2. The socket test java.net.Socket.jdk13 failed because the port has
> been already in used. This happened for me several times when the
> previous tests failed to do the proper cleanup. It would be interesting
> to rerun this test separately alone.

You're right, it's worth looking at this in more detail.  Was this the case
for 0.95?

> 3. The javax.swing.JTree.TreeRobot now fails and  was passing in 0.95.
> This regression means that tree is not responding to the keystrokes as
> required by standard. As all awt.Robot - based tests is sensible to the
> keyboard and mouse manipulations when running, maybe this was a reason
> of failing?

There weren't any keyboard/mouse manipulations as the tests were run remotely
using xvfb (same as on builder); don't know if that could be the cause or if
there were changes.  Interestingly, I can't even find JTree in the ChangeLog
for this year!  So probably no recent changes...

> Good luck
> Audrius.

Thanks again,
--