Re: Compilation Time | More questions ClassLoader

Hi again,

Thanks for your answers.

back to ClassLoader. Two questions:

- Is there any place where I can find something like a UML sequence
diagram of classloading mechanisms. It seems there is a lot of back
and forth between URLClassLoader, ClassLoader, VMClassLoader and all
is a little bit confusing.

- Any suggestion to make a class loaded by another loader to have the
same rights as the ones loaded with the bootstrap (
VMClassLoader.loadClass() ). Since we are loading some of the classes
from glibj.zip with another loader that can access a remote file, but
ATM we have some IllegalAccessException with some of these. Since we
use the default ClassLoader's defineClass(), we may have to hack this
one (no success ATM).

Thanks for any information.

Martin.

2007/4/26, Robert Schuster <theBohemian@xxxxxxx>:
Hi,

> There is no rule here as far as I know.  We just register all the
> charsets we have.  Adding a charset is done either because it is
> specified by the standard, or because someone needed it.
I know I should have answered earlier. The standard charsets are chosen
according to Sun's specification:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/nio/charset/Charset.html

There is a set of standard charsets which must be available. For
everything else we just made available what we had and what others
requested (I remember that certain asian charsets where requested).

Regards
Robert