RandomAccessFile's unbufferedness

I was writing a little code that uses RandomAccessFile and was astonished at how slow it was. A little googling tells me why.. it's using unbuffered I/O.

I modified my code to use a buffered RandomAccessFile class from http://uio.imagero.com/ and it's almost 10x faster now.

This made me wonder where we're using RandomAccessFile within GNU Classpath. It looks like it shows up in a few places that could use some buffering (image i/o, and maybe even zipfile). I don't recommend using the uio library for this, but writing a little buffered RandomAccessFile for internal use seems like it should be easy (google will point you at many simple versions).

I don't plan on doing this myself, but just thought I'd mention it here in case somebody wants to look into this.

AG
begin:vcard
fn:Anthony Green
n:Green;Anthony