Re: Warning message during cross-compile configure

On Dec 31, 2006, at 9:50 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

On 12/19/06, Trevor Harmon <trevor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm using an i686 Red Hat Linux system to build classpath for a
PowerPC 405 Linux system. My toolchain is set up properly and
successfully builds a bootable kernel for the PowerPC, but when I try
to configure classpath in this environment, I get a warning:

I don't know if anyone else has replied to this yet.  But for cross
libraries and targets, you want only --target=.

I had tried that already, but it doesn't work.

My build host is i386, and my target is PowerPC. If I call configure with --target=powerpc-405-linux-gnu, I get i386 binaries. If I call it with --host=powerpc-405-linux-gnu, the correct PowerPC binaries are built, but configure issues that warning.

Trevor