Re: [cp-patches] FYI: Add Enum.finalize()

Hi (moved to main list since I think this might be interesting for
runtime hackers),

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 00:37 +0000, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> This adds the finalize() method added to Enum
> in 1.6.  Should fix a few JAPI errors...
>
> Changelog:
>
> 2006-12-19  Andrew John Hughes  <gnu_andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> 	* java/lang/Enum.java:
> 	(finalize()): Implemented.
> [...]
> +  /**
> +   * Enumerations can not have finalization methods.
> +   *
> +   * @since 1.6
> +   */
> +  protected final void finalize()
> +  {
> +  }

Interesting. Even though Enums should never be initialized "by hand"
this is something a garbage collector should be aware of. Do garbage
collectors already handle empty finalize() methods as if there was no
finalizer?

Cheers,

Mark