Re: Minimizing glibj.zip size

Il giorno ven, 15/12/2006 alle 11.23 -0700, Tom Tromey ha scritto:

> That sounds reasonable enough.  There's also tools for trimming class
> files & jars for embedded deployment, though I don't know whether any
> are free software.
>
> Tom

You can try an obfuscator, like http://proguard.sourceforge.net/

I'm not sure if you will get the job with these. These are used to
reduce the size of classes in J2ME development (ok, they are use to
obfuscate the code so that it cannot be decompiled easily, but also
reduce the size removing unreferenced code etc..).

Hey, what kind of reduction you need?

Every now and then I get new interest in J2ME with Classpath. I never go
too far, as I never decide if I want an emulator or I want to strip down
classes to use in some undefined (nokia 770) mobile devices...

In the latter case, I think Michael Koch was doing some work on this
field.

Anyway, let me know what are you doing, I'm really interested, maybe I
can help a bit...
--
Lima Software, SO.PR.IND. s.r.l.
http://www.limasoftware.net/