Re: GNU Classpath Trivia

Il giorno ven, 15/12/2006 alle 12.39 +0100, Mark Wielaard ha scritto:

Muy guesses:

> > 0.16 "Harmony!"

This was the first release when the Harmony project was started. We
hoped in a universe of collaboration and friendship. These were the old
'60 with the Flower Power movement, and Jimi Hendrix was performing in
Woodstock his wonderful cry...

> > 0.19 "95% and counting"

:) First release 95% of api coverage for 1.4

> > 0.90 "A La Mort Subite"

This is easy. La Mort Subite is the pub where you lucky hackers met
during the last FOSDEM. I hope to be there this year too.

> > 0.91 "All for One, One for All"

I Miss it... (this was just before I started helping a bit):(
Just one guess (from NEWS):

The VM interfaces of the main branch and the generics branch are now
consistent with one another.

> > 0.92 "Bling! Bling!"

From an old xchat log:

ago 10 13:16:46 aph     neugens: yon not familiar with the word
"bling" ?
ago 10 13:16:57 neugens	aph: no
ago 10 13:17:05 aph     neugens: it means flashy jewlery, showing off
ago 10 13:17:14 aph     lots of shiny gold
ago 10 13:17:24 neugens	ah, I understand
ago 10 13:17:38 neugens	aph: thanks
ago 10 13:17:49 neugens	aph: I guess it is an appropriate name
ago 10 13:18:05 aph     it's mjw's, er, sense of humour

Btw, this was my *first* release!!

> > 0.93 "Dreamland"

Java is free...

> I got reminded that although 0.17 didn't officially have a 'wacky word
> version name', it was called slightly different from the rest:
>
> 0.17 GNU Classpatchy

I Miss it (2) :(

> This concludes the official GNU Classpath trivia contest roundup.
> Figuring out the "Why" behind each and every wacky word name is left as
> an exercise to the reader.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Mark, I hope to have some free time next week to prepare a couple of
surprises before Christmas :)

Mario
--
Lima Software, SO.PR.IND. s.r.l.