Re: Running Sun's javac on Classpath

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 13:52 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> which is caused by this line:
>
>     private static final Pattern noMatches  = Pattern.compile("(\\P{all})+");
>
> "all" doesn't seem to be a well-defined regular-expression construct.
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html
> doesn't mention it, but I guess it's something like:
> [...]

Andrew Hughes did add something similar to the generics branch (but not
the the trunk yet):

2006-11-13  Andrew John Hughes  <gnu_andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        * gnu/java/util/regex/RETokenNamedProperty.java:
        (getHandler(String)): Add support for 'all'.

> Once we're past that, all goes well until
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun.misc.Service
>    at com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment.initProcessorIterator(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:209)
>    at com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment.<init>(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:159)
>    at com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.initProcessAnnotations(JavaCompiler.java:891)
>    at com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.compile(JavaCompiler.java:741)
>    at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:370)
>    at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:296)
>    at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:287)
>    at com.sun.tools.javac.Main.compile(Main.java:86)
>    at com.sun.tools.javac.Main.main(Main.java:71)
>
> which is caused by
>
>                         Iterator<Processor> it =
>                             Service.providers(Processor.class, processorCL);
>
> As I understand it, sun.misc.Service has now been promoted to
> java.util.Service, but I can't anywhere find a specification for this
> class.

Note that we have a ServiceFactory class in gnu.classpath with a static
method: Iterator lookupProviders(Class, ClassLoader); which most likely
does what you want here.

Cheers,

Mark