Re: New java.text implementation

Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
As a remainder I have made in 2004 a comparison between ICU and
java.text. I cannot find why I have at the time rejected a ICU binding
(except it is a huge machinery for so little classes and that
RuleBasedCollator must have a severe layer to adapt the rules to ICU's
format).

I haven't looked closely, but it appears that JDK 1.6 has new code
and classes from ICU.  Specifically, when I looked for code for
Unicode-normalization, I found this link:
http://download.java.net/jdk6/doc/api/java/text/Normalizer.html
I'm assuming this is based on ICU.

This may influence the decision as to what to import and how to do it.

Also, before you import large chunks of code that have not been
assigned to the FSF, you should get approval from Stallman.
--
	--Per Bothner