Proposal for a response to SUN's announcement

Following a discussion on #classpath IRC at around 6pm BST, we have arrived at a potential response to SUNs announcement of the impending release of SUN Java under the GPL.

"
We welcome Sun's announcement of the forthcoming release of Java under the GNU GPL.

Sun's announcement makes Java an excellent choice for cross-platform development of Free Software.

We are still digesting the implications of the announcement for the Classpath project and have not yet made any firm plans as to the long term future. In the meantime, we are focusing on supporting our existing customer base whilst continuing to improve the best-of-breed packages in Classpath, in readiness for the release of the SUN code base.

The reaction of many Classpath developers can be seen on planet.classpath.org.
"

I'm sure it is not perfect, and is probably overdue.