Re: Signals, sockets and threads

>>>>> "Guilhem" == Guilhem Lavaux <guilhem@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Guilhem> 1) POSIX syscalls where originally written with no threads in
Guilhem> mind.  glibc uses a trick to store errno in a thread local
Guilhem> storage using a special function. So the expected behaviour
Guilhem> of storing errno just after the accept is true only in this
Guilhem> case. If you use other type of threaded system then it may
Guilhem> not be right (or for example if the library is buggy).

Do these systems exist?

I was under the impression that this errno behavior was required by
the posix threads spec.  But I admit I don't have a definitive URL :-)

Tom