Re: float printing in Formatter

>>>>> "Twisti" == Christian Thalinger <twisti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Twisti> A few days back I tried to implement float printing in
Twisti> Formatter.  When looking at the existing int/long code, I saw
Twisti> that toString() functions are used to print the value to a
Twisti> buffer.  That seems to be ok for such values, but handling
Twisti> floats like this won't work, I guess.  So the question is,
Twisti> should we stick to our native float-printing implementation
Twisti> (dtoa) or would it be better to have something, more flexible,
Twisti> in Java?

I suspect Formatter will need its own FP-formatting code.

Tom