float printing in Formatter

Hi!

A few days back I tried to implement float printing in Formatter.  When
looking at the existing int/long code, I saw that toString() functions
are used to print the value to a buffer.  That seems to be ok for such
values, but handling floats like this won't work, I guess.  So the
question is, should we stick to our native float-printing implementation
(dtoa) or would it be better to have something, more flexible, in Java?

- twisti