Re: Bringing License arguments to Sun

On Aug 20, 2006, at 09:54, Chris Gray wrote:

+1 to Stefano Mazzocchi:

Noted, thanks. (and edited so I am making fair use of your copyrighted material - I don't want to get sued...)

 The specs should be
licensed in a way that is compatible with the requirements of standards bodies such as ISO, ANSI, ECMA, even if Sun doesn't intend to head that way
just yet.

Keep in mind that Sun doesn't get to decide this any more, it's up to the JCP, and there are plenty of voices other than Sun who would likely oppose this. While I sympathise, open sourcing Sun's Java implementations has nothing to do with the JCP and is made possible by the JCPA 2.5 and later.

S.