First FMJ release

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 08:12 -0400, Ken Larson wrote:
> As you may know, FMJ (open source implementation of JMF) aims, as one of
> its goals, to be compatible with and support the classpath project.
>
> That said, I'm pleased to announce the first release of FMJ, which,
> while still early in the development and testing phases, supports:
>
> 1. Video capture on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
> 2. Audio and Video playback on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.  DirectShow
> and Quicktime are wrapped used by FMJ on Windows and Mac OS X,
> respectively.   Linux video playback currently requires JMF for
> demux/codec.

That's pretty good for 'early stages'! Perhaps gstreamer might be an
option for Linux support.  There's also xine-lib.

> Audio Formats supported:
> WAV, AU, AIFF, MP3, OGG.  Some WAV formats may not work yet, as WAV is a
> container format with many internal formats.

Ogg is also a container, so do you mean just Vorbis support or does this
include Speex and FLAC?

> Video Formats supported:
> On Windows and Mac OS X: any format supported by the native system
> (DirectShow/Quicktime).
>
> A link to the download is provided at http://fmj.sourceforge.net/
>
> Ken Larson

Keep up the good work!
Cheers,
--
Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint)
attachments.

If you use Microsoft Office, support movement towards the end of vendor
lock-in:
http://opendocumentfellowship.org/petition/

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

public class gcj extends Freedom implements Java { ... }