"Sun Says GPL Is a Possibility for OSS Java":would be great

This would be a great victory of the Free software. It would be a nice
experience to work with Sun's code after it becomes part of the Free
world. If Sun would prefer not to accept the external donations, the
community driven GPL-only branch is likely to emerge anyway as the
license permits. See, Dalibor is already talking about this.

On the Sun's bug database, there are enough bugs to earn the permanent
fame for all Classpath developers, if we start work on fixing them in
the GPL version of the Sun's code. Our team has an experience of
implementing the same thing completely independently - could help a lot.
Also, I think, GNU Classpath is written well enough to think about
merging rather than about the direct replacement of our classes by that
Sun has released.

Again, this seems for me unlikely to happen, but I see some things
happen even if I think they are not likely.

Audrius