Storing of native pointers

I make this to a general discussion.

>> Agreed, and I think we should replace existing NSA code with the
>> simpler long field approach.  Ideally we could remove the NSA
>> implementation altogether.  I'd also like to see
>> Pointer/Pointer32/Pointer64 gone but they seem to be used in places
>> other than the peers.
Does that mean we simply store any native pointer as long in some field of a class?

If so, do we use JNI to set/get the fields or do we go the simpler way provide
necessary pointers via argument list?

I vote for the second approach because I dislike nothing but these tedious JNI
findClass, get fieldID and set field function stuff.

> I should have said: Robert: go ahead and commit your NSA-using patch
> when it's ready -- I don't want to delay it.  After it's committed we
> can look at replacing all NSA code in one big patch.
Ok.

cya
Robert