Next release, vacation, LinuxTag

Hi,

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 13:07 +0200, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > I believe that with your and Andrew's work we are now synced
> > for the VM Classes between generics and trunk.
>
> Yeah, I think so too.
>
> > It would be a good point to declare the vm classes interface
> > frozen for now and work towards a new snapshot release that includes
> > them.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > Unfortunately I am going on vacation in about an hour and then attend
> > LinuxTag the week after so I won't be able to coordinate it. But if
> > someone else would and could see if the vm interface is doable for
> > other runtimes (I believe it works with jamvm and cacao already with
> > only minor patches that add some noops for now) that would be
> > appreciated.
>
> I would hardly call going on vacation "unfortunate" ;-) Prettige
> vakantie! I don't anticipate any difficulaties for the other VMs, but
> should they arise, I'm sure we'll work it out ;-)

:) Thanks. I do like making releases! But I guess I should learn to
enjoy vacations without internet access. So this is my last email for
now! I wrote down the release/testing steps and put them on our
developer wiki:
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathReleaseProcess

It would probably be a good idea if someone could do some testing and
create the release branch somewhere next week if things look OK (maybe
Andrew could do that since he has most experience with classpath
branches and knows whether the generics-branch is up to date or not).

And others can help with testing even if they don't do cvs since the
autobuilder does put dists that it created at
http://builder.classpath.org/dist/

See you in 2 weeks, and maybe I'll see some of you at LinuxTag next
week.

Cheers,

Mark