ORBit with Classpath CORBA

Roman Kennke wrote:

>Exception in thread "Thread-6" org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Not a GIOP message
>Minor: 0 (0). Completed: not completed
>   at gnu.CORBA.GIOP.MessageHeader.read (MessageHeader.java:288)

This means that Classpath is reading not a CORBA message but something
different.  All CORBA messages begin with the standard magic character
sequence "GIOP". The exception is thrown when the incoming message
begins differently.

In the past, I had plans to connect ORBit from Classpath using our
implementation, but then found on the web that the direct communication
is not possible because ORBit uses additional *authentication protocol.

*It is important for us to know how did you achieved the working
connection between ORBit and Sun's implementation. Did you put any
additional system properties like org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass? If yes, and if
the ORBit classes are present in your path, the Sun's jre is probably
just running ORBit CORBA internal implementation classes. It is possible
to do the same with Classpath as well by setting this property. Also, if
you put some properties from the sun.* domain, replacing the socket
factories, please mind that these are supported differently in Classpath
(direct support would involve multiple classes from sun.corba package
and because of that was not implemented). See our gnu.CORBA.interfaces.*
package for details how could you set the CORBA socket factory in Classpath.

Regards
Audrius