SerialVersionUID missmatches

>> The question is what the fix is? In every service release of SUNs JDK
>> they change some of the serialVersionUIDs. Whenever you run japi locally
>> against another service release of SUN you will get other differences.

Yeah.  javax.swing is a special case here.  Sun doesn't promise
serialization compatibility.  That is one argument for japi simply
ignoring these classes.

Andrew> DO we even know for sure which SerialVersionUIDs should be declared?

For swing in particular, the documentation says that users cannot rely
on serialization across versions.  There are a few classes here and
there where the docs say that attempts to serialize will fail (this
requires, eg, a writeObject method that throws an exception).
Otherwise, if a class is serializable, we need to be compatible, which
means declaring this field.

I.e., yes :-)

Tom