GJDoc

On Wednesday 01 Mar 2006 15:23, you wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 02:48:20PM +0000, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> > Does anyone know the current status of gjdoc?  It would be nice for it to
> > be able to handle the generics branch at some point.  Last I heard, the
> > best approach to this would be to fix the parsing process to unify the
> > current separate systems of parsing expressions and then manually parsing
> > the higher-level constructs.
> >
> > If there is no activity here at present, I'd be happy to start taking a
> > look at this.
>
> That was close.  I also tried gjdoc today for the first time on the
> generics branch and, obviously, it didn't work.  I'd need a generics
> documentation for a lecture at our institute (we want to use a free Java
> stack for that lecture).
>
> TWISTI

Yeah, I saw what you said on IRC... :)

I hacked a couple of things on last year for pretty much the same reason, but
the parsing code isn't very maintainable.  From what I remember, the
high-level constructs are all handled by individual sections of manual
parsing code, with lots of if statements and boolean flags.

Assuming the branch is open for business, as far as CVS commits go, I'll try
and have a look sometime soon.

Thanks,
--
Andrew

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) attachments.
Support OpenDocument instead.

public class gcj extends Freedom implements Java { ... }

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman