Japi reverse comparisons (eg finalness and SimpleDoc)

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 26.01.2006, 15:34 +0100 schrieb Jeroen Frijters:
> Roman Kennke wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 26.01.2006, 14:28 +0100 schrieb Roman Kennke:
> > > Hi Stuart,
> > >
> > > this is really interesting, thanks!
> > >
> > > I found something which might be a bug in Japi. The reverse
> > Japi points
> > > out the following:
> > >
> > > field
> > >
> > javax.swing.JTree.AccessibleJTree.AccessibleJTreeNode.accessib
> > leParent:
> > > missing in jdk15
> > >
> > > However, looking at our sources I couldn't find such a field in
> > > classpath either. So why does japi think there is such a field?
> >
> > A little update on that one: the field accessibleParent is obviously a
> > field that is inherited from AccessibleContext. Is it possible that in
> > Sun's API this field is shadowed by a private field in
> > AccessibleJTreeNode?
>
> That's exactly what is happening. Oddly enough I think that Japi is
> correct, to be fully source compatible we also need to add a private
> accessibleParent field to AccessibleJTreeNode.
>
> I've attached an example that compiles against the JDK 1.5 libraries
> (with the Eclipse Java Compiler), but fails against Classpath.

Hmm, when it compiles fine against JDK1.5 and fails with Classpath, it
seems to me that this field should show up in the forward JAPI instead?
OTOH, if the Sun javac produces broken code, and the ECJ probably
doesn't compile correctly (should refer to node.accessibleParent, no?),
then this is maybe not super important anyway.

> It's really amazing how complex the seemingly simple Java language is...

Hehe :-)

Cheers, Roman