Re: Certain font sizes can't be configured permanently

I was a bit worried you might need to include a delay and/or change the setting more than once, but I didn't know how adept you were so I tried keeping it simple at first. I'm pleased you managed to figure out a solution when it didn't work first time.

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 at 10:31, Volker Wysk <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!

Am Samstag, den 12.09.2020, 19:10 +0100 schrieb Tony Houghton:
> There's something you could try, but it's more of a sticking plaster
> or workaround than a proper fix. Create a file
> ~/.config/autostart/scaling.desktop containing:
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Type=Application
> Exec=gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface text-scaling-factor
> 1.6
> Hidden=false
> X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
> Name=Fix Scaling
> Comment=Set text scaling factor to 1.6
>
> I haven't tested that, but hopefully it will work for you, or you
> will be able to fix it if there's something wrong. For more
> information, lookup "XDG autostart".

I've been able to tinker it, with your help. I've adjusted the
scaling.desktop file to start a script instead of calling gsettings.
This is necessary because several commands are needed:

#! /bin/bash
sleep 1
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface text-scaling-factor 1.61
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface text-scaling-factor 1.6

All of them are necessary. Or so it seems.

Now it - somehow - works. :-)

Thanks for your help!

Volker

--