Re: gdm loops into gdm

It does not "boot" into gdm, when you log in gnome-shell or something in the gnome-session crashes and fails to start leading to gdm being restarted.

To fix that you will have to look into the log files. You can do so by pressing ctrl+alt+f4 log in and then do: sudo journalctl -b

there you check for any errormessages by gnome-shell or anything gnomy you find...

You might be able to fix it yourself, but you can also come back with the additional information.

hope that helps!

greetz