terminal tab title

Hallo all!!
I've been searching for ages, and can't seem to find the solution to a basic function.
When I open gnome-terminal and open a new tab, I used to be able to set the title using the right-mouse button.
Currently the only way to set your terminal tab is by changing PS1 variable...
Does anyone know of a way how I can get this old(gnome2) functionality back again?
I want to set the title of a tab and not  a variable in the bash instance in this tab because when you're using screen or tmux or something, the title of your tab would change depending of wich screen/tmux terminal you currently have active.
My initial question was related to terminator, when I started investigating the, I realized that this feature seemed to be dropped in gnome3.
Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Does anyone know why this valuable feature was dropped?

Thanks!!

Regards,
Geert