problems with gnome 3 window switcher

First of all I actually quite like gnome 3 after all the horror
stories I'm pleasantly surprised it's mostly awesome.  Gnome classic
seems to work pretty good.

There are a couple things I hate though.  One is the way the window
switcher (Alt-tab) and window focus indication works.

In gnome 2 I used to get a thick black line around the potential
window to be selected while alt-tabbing through them.  I had theme
such that focused window title was bright yellow, others gray.

Now while tabbing the only feedback is on the selector showing the
icons..  So when I have 4-6 terms open and I try to tab to a different
one, I have NO IDEA which one I have selected, which is super
annoying.  The problem is made worse by the fact that the focused
window title bar/border is only a tiny bit lighter shade of gray than
all the other windows.  I've tried dconf-editor but haven't
found any options that change the colors.

What I would like:

* box around window to be focused while alt-tabbing, like in gnome 2
* focused window get yellow or at least non-gray title bar

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Britton