Re: How to turn off the screensaver and screenlock?

James Board writes:

> Hi all. I just installed Centos 7, which uses GNOME 3.x and GNOME is
> Awesome Awesome Awesome. One question, though. How do I turn off the
> screensaver and screenlock? I tried right clicking on my username in
> the top panel, which brings up properties. And there are settings for
> turning Screen-Lock off, but they don't work. The screensaver turns on
> every 5 minutes (regardless of the settings) and locks in the middle
> of my presentation.

It works as expected on my box with Gnome 3.18.2.  Screen blanking is
set in the Power settings and screen locking in the Privacy settings.

It might be worth posting this to the CentOS mailing lists too, in case
it's some peculiar thing on that particular distro.

/M

email: magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx   jabber: magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx

But whereas I previously held for Java a cordial dislike borne of
having only a cursory notion of how it worked, now my dislike for the
language can no longer be called at all "cordial", for familiarity has
bred contempt.
     -- Tom Christiansen