Re: Gnome Future Question

On Wed, 2014-07-16 at 11:35 +0000, Nenad Latinović wrote:
> First of all, sorry to bug you with this question, but would really
> love an honest answer.
> I was looking at Gnome 3.12 release video (haven't properly used gnome
> since 3.4 and my longer Debian adventure), and i must say i like it to
> the point i'm thinking of using it regularly.

I use it all day every day.

>  It seems it has come a long way.

Indeed, and progress is moving at an impressive rate.

> What worries me, is, is gnome here to stay for a while?

GNOME is a large and healthy project.  Of course it could be even larger
- you can contribute!

> day read about many apps that usually came in gtk, being ported to qt

This happens.  I do not see the rate-of-change that you report.

Of course the health or direction of any given *application* is up to
those who contribute to it.  Gtk has undergone a major version change -
the first in a very long time - that has created some churn, some burned
fingers.  But that happens;  I believe the waters are smoothing out
again.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> GPG D95ED383