Re: Spontaneous resets

On Thu, 2014-04-24 at 18:18 -0700, James Moe wrote:
> opensuse v13.1
> gnome 3.10.2 Gallium 0.4 on NVC1
> linux 3.11.10-7-desktop x86_64
>
> While reading an article in a browser, doing nothing else, Gnome reset
> as though I had pressed alt+f2,r.
>
> All apps were moved to one desktop, the background went black, and the
> CPU was quite busy doing something for 30 seconds. Then the background
> image was restored. I had to move the apps to where I wanted them.
>
> This happens several times a week.
>
> Is this a known problem?

No, that's a gnome-shell crash and that is bad! It's really hard to say
more without a stack trace. If you can get a stack trace from a core
dump, then please file a bug report on bugzilla.novell.com (from where
it may be forwarded upstream).  There are some easy instructions for
getting core dumps at [1] and for generating stack traces at [2].

[1]
http://dominique.leuenberger.net/blog/2014/04/debug-a-crash-after-it-happened-without-knowing-about-it-upfront/
[2]
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Bugreport_application_crashed#Using_GDB