Re: "Software Update" app

On Wed, 2014-03-19 at 21:49 -0700, James Moe wrote:

> > It's gpk-update-viewer, from the gnome-packagekit module. FYI:
> > gnome-packagekit is in maintenance mode (expect bugfixes only) and
> > all new work is being done on gnome-software, which is much nicer.
> >
>   Do you know how to disable it? I can easily set a cron job for
> zypper to do updates when I want them.

You might try unsetting org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.updates using
dconf-editor (or the gsettings command line tool).

Alternatively, I think you should be safe uninstalling gnome-packagekit
if you don't want gpk-update-viewer: the disadvantage to this is that
package *might* also contain the tool that installs RPMs when you
double-click on them, but if you're writing your own cron jobs to
install updates, then maybe you don't need that.