Re: "Software Update" app

On Wed, 2014-03-19 at 10:35 -0700, James Moe wrote:
> gnome 3.10.2
> openSUSE 13.1
>
> The program that regularly checks for software updates is called
> "Software Update" in Gnome. I would like to limit the time window to
> 1am - 6am when it checks for updates.
>
> Does anyone know what the application's actual name is? Is it possible
> to limit the time frame?

It's gpk-update-viewer, from the gnome-packagekit module. FYI:
gnome-packagekit is in maintenance mode (expect bugfixes only) and all
new work is being done on gnome-software, which is much nicer.

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to limit the time it checks
for updates. Since human intervention is required to download and
install the updates, I'm not really sure the benefit of running the
check overnight anyway? (If it could install updates automatically, I
would understand why you'd want to do it overnight.)