Re: great job on Gnome 3

Patrick Chkoreff wrote, On 03/17/2014 03:38 PM:

> I've been totally going with the Gnome 3 "flow" for many days now.
> I did however swap the functions of Alt-Tab and Alt-`, as I mentioned in
> an earlier email.  That's really the only tweak I've done, and I only
> did that because I've had *years* of habituation using Alt-Tab to switch
> between two Terminal windows in which I'm editing or running code.
> Breaking that habit and remembering to use Alt-` instead was taking too
> much time, and bugging me when I got it wrong, and I have work to do.  I
> may later undo that tweak and force myself to learn the new way, just
> not right now.

Today I've undone the tweak and I'm using the default behavior again,
and breaking my old habit.  So, Alt-Tab is back to its default "Switch
applications", and Alt-` is back to its default "Switch windows of an
application".

It's going fine.  Every once in a while I'll forget to use Alt-` to
switch between my Terminal windows, and I'll use Alt-Tab instead, and my
calculator pops up.  :)  But I'm learning pretty quickly.

I'm also getting accustomed to bringing up the Activities view by
pressing the Super key with my left ring finger.  (Now I'm starting to
with I could use the Arrow keys in that view to choose a window -- as
in, "Look Ma, no mouse!"  :)

-- Patrick