Re: How to get Nautilus drag and drop to work well

On 12/26/2013 08:00 AM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2013-12-25 at 20:03 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
On 12/25/2013 05:19 AM, Ritesh Khadgaray wrote:
   The tree view is deprecated , and has been removed [1]. Use
"Copy/Move to" from context menu.
[1] lwn.net/Articles/509492
Cheers
There is nothing to cheer about the loss of tree view.   :(
?  "Cheers" is a closing salutation.

I know that. Have LOTS of UK colleagues. Also my Aussie and NZ colleagues use it regularly. But just could not resist. They get me a lot on my midwest idioms.

Many things will be harder now.
I do not miss the tree view; it was always a hard target to hit for
drag-n-drop.  The loss of the split view is what I miss.  Moving between
and comparing two locations is a much more tedious process.

I just tried the "move/copy to" context and WAS THAT HARD and SLOW to do!. If you are deep into the tree, what it takes to get there.

With all the addins and plugins has anyone built this back in  :)
Not that i have seen.

Looks like I am stuck with using two Nautilus windows for now. TPTB apparently do not do much DnD or have deep trees or make directories under HOME.