How to get Nautilus drag and drop to work well

I have a new system with Fedora 20 that has Nautilus 3.10.1. I am coming from Fedora 17 that has Nautilus 3.4.2.

3.4.2 is easy to use for drag and drop. The Trees view makes this easy. I can expand the tree in the panel on the left to where I want to move files. Select them then drop them. Then I can do it to more files, however I want.

3.10.1 seems to have not only lost (or really hidden how to get) Trees view, but if you drag and drop into places, the focus changes to where you are dragging. So you have to go back to where you were, select the next batch and do again. Them maybe go back yet again, because that is where you want to be.

Trees view of folders is 'easy' to set up in the main viewing area via Preferences>Display. But even here, if you drop, for example, into a subfolder, the view switches to that subfolder. Bad Nautilus. Bad.

You CAN get around this behaviour by using two copies of Nautilus and dragging between them, but this is an extra hassle. I will note that sometimes, this is exactly what I do. For example from a USB drive to a 'standard' directory. But I do not want to have to do it all the time.

So folks,

How do I enable Tree view in the left panel instead of Places?

How do I get the focus to remain where I am instead of following where I am moving files to?

BTW, I would not be supprise if this behaviour change came long before ver 3.10, but sometimes us users resist upgrading and then end up taking big jumps forward.

thank you