Re: problem after disconnecting external monitor

That doesn't seem to work either. It does cycle the screen settings
through several options (both, just laptop, just external, neither (?)),
but once the alignment of the desktop icons is screwed up, none of them
return it to its proper place. Also the desktop background is skewed.
It's like the desktop creates two copies of the desktop background, with
the desktop icons on the one, and then, when the external monitor is
detached, it just sort of shows part of each.

Screenshot at http://blog.ericsinfotech.com/2013/06/02/desktop-issue/.

Thanks.