Re: Some things I think GNOME should improve

On Tue, 2013-04-02 at 14:01 +0200, Les Paul wrote:
> 2013/4/2 Shaun McCance <shaunm@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Can you elaborate on how you think the help could be improved?
> >
> > --
> > Shaun
> >

> Of course. As I see, "Settings" and "Help" are both required. But they
> are barely used. So you could move this options to a general Settings
> and Help Application, respectively. I think this way is even more
> intuitive. I need help and I have and application called "Help". I
> need to set up something and I have an application called Settings.
>
> This are examples about what I mean:
>
> Help:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdkrb7xofwh3txk/help1.png
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/o99293gl08w9kpv/help2.png?m

The help is already displayed by a separate application. You can see
the list of all installed help by selecting Go -> All Documents.

It sounds like you think apps shouldn't even link to their own help
in their menus? I don't think that's a good idea. And I don't see
why we should always show all the documents.

If I'm looking at the help for Banshee, it's because I want to find
an answer for something. I don't want to spend the day looking at
help. And I don't care about the Evolution help. The primary design
goal for the help is to make it easy to spend as little time as
possible looking at it.

--
Shaun