Re: Adding a new shortcut script and key ??

Thanks:

On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 14:32 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 02:53:10PM -0500, William Case wrote:
> > I want to create a Gnome script that runs almost the same as the Alt+F2
> > shortcut combination, but I want it to begin a google search with just a
> > one word entry.
>
> My System Settings allows custom keybindings. Not sure if that is a
> GNOME 3.4 thing or not. It is possible in any GNOME version btw, under
> 3.2 there is some "custom keybinding" thing in gconf.
>
> For the dialog, recommend looking into zenity. Then xdg-open or
> gvfs-open to launch the URL.

I am familiar with using zenity.  What I would like is to replicate the
small black dialogue that appears with <run> Alt+F2.  I want something
closer to the metal than a gnome script if possible.  Does anybody know
the name and location of the script or library that is bound to the
<run> Alt+F2 key?   Maybe I can de-construct something from that.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 15, Gnome 3.0.2