Re: Gnome 3 and computer shut down

On 11-06-20 07:26 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:

> Applets are only available in fallback mode.

Is that permanent?  i.e. applets will *never* be available in GNOME
Shell-proper?

> It would've been really nice to have gnome-applets ported, but there
> just was not enough time and everything else was good enough.

But considering that the applets provide the most "usefulness" (i.e.
actual information instead of just eye-candy) of desktop how could that
be considered "good enough"?

> Having the exact same features while the focus is different also is
> unrealistic.

I did say "relevant" in my previous posting.  Of course a different
focus does mean that things might not be relevant with the new focus.
However, delivering useful information (i.e. weather, resource usage,
etc.) cannot be considered irrelevant.

b.