Re: How to hibernate?

Quoting "Frederic Muller" <fredm@xxxxxxxxx>:
It doesn't need to be packaged. Using git you can easily install the extension (just switch to the right branch). I can help you off the list if you need.

Many thanks! Anyway, I can live with "sudo hibernate" for now.
I'm more worried about users like my mother â she doesn't even
know what source code means. She will have to switch to GNOME3
when Debian 7.0 gets released, maybe 2013. We will probably
solve the problem by then :~)

As per your other comment this is currently a point of discussion among the design team, there is a bug opened for it and the default behavior might change.

Good!