Re: How to resize windows?

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 09:38:35AM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

> I have problems with grabbing the corner of the window to resize
> it. I believe it was easier with GNOME2, right? Some appliations
> unfortunately open dialogues very small and one has to resize
> them to see more. Pressing Alt+F8 allows resizing, but only
> either the height or the width (I never managed to get to the
> window corner after pressing Alt+F8, maybe it is possible, but
> not for me).
>
> Is there a way to make the window corners a little bit bigger,
> so that I can get them with the mouse? Sorry, I'm an idiot in
> using the mouse...

At the moment there are allmost no configuration options
built into gnome 3 except the sparse 'gnome-tweak-tool' ones.
(And I wonder if we will see anything soon (or at all) because
 the emphasis seems to be on the functioning of the 'grand design')

If you do want to change things there are some possibilities
but you will have to do some 'manual' work, see for example:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/FAQ
http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2011/03/customizing-the-gnome-3-shell.html
http://gnome-shell.deviantart.com/gallery/28081982
http://www.multimediaboom.com/gnome-3-keyboard-and-mouse-shortcuts/

You will find answers to some/most of your questions.

I too find the color of the topbar depressing and do not like
my name displayed prominently for all to see.

Alexander