Re: gnome-window-properties

Olav Vitters wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 03:56:24PM -0800, Wayne.Lydecker@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

   I upgraded to RHEL6 and everything is great except I cannot find
   gnome-window-properties.ï There is one feature that I am missing that
   I find imperative, and that is being able to "select windows when the
   mouse moves over them".ï Has this been moved somewhere else, or has
   that functionality been removed from Gnome?ï I sure hope I can still
   do that.

Open gconf-editor, go to /apps/metacity/general and change focus_mode to
sloppy.

Thank you. I would have never found that myself. Note that gconf-editor was
not installed on my RHEL6 system, so I had to "yum install" it. Woohoo, now I
don't have to go to KDE! =-O

-- Wayne.