Re: [users] Opening a Writer document at the end rather than at the beginning?

Gene Young wrote:
AG wrote:
I don't know if this is the default behaviour for OOo3:1.1-8 Writer or not, but I would like to be able to open up a previously worked on document at the end of the work that I have done, rather than at the beginning of the document which is what currently happens. I know that I can skip through to the end of the work quite easily with Ctrl+End but that isn't the point. I seem to recall that previous releases of OOo allowed this but the 3.1* releases don't seem to support this out of the box. Is there a setting that I can tweak to enable this? FWIW, OOo sits proudly on my current Debian testing machine.

From OO help;

"Cursor Position
"In general, all documents open with the cursor at the start of the document. "One exception appears when the author of a Writer text document saves and reopens a document: The cursor will be at the same position where it has been when the document was saved. This only works when the name of the author was entered in Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org - User Data.
1.Press Shift+F5 to set the cursor to the last saved position."

Cheers for the tip. However, my name is in the user data and shift+F5 did nought.