Re: Questions regarding Sun's gnome 2.6 implementation

On 11 Oct 2007, at 23:51, Jeffery Small wrote:

> This makes use of the maximizing function fairly useless.  Someone
> at Sun
> should look to see what change was made in this function and see if it
> can be fixed.  I wonder if other people using a non-Sun version of
> Gnome
> at or after version 2.6 see this problem as well?

Will have to have a play with the two versions to see exactly what
you mean, but in the meantime, maybe the 'maximize vertically' window
manager command would do what you want?  (I *think* it was around in
2.6...)  It's accessible via a keyboard shortcut only, which you have
to define yourself in the Keyboard Shortcuts preferences window.  I
use Shift-Alt-F10, since Alt-F10 is used for the 'regular' maximize
function.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum.benson@xxxxxxx           GNOME Desktop Team