Re: Clean Up By Name

I noticed there is a file in the user's home directory in
.nautilus/metafiles/x-nautilus-desktop:%2F%2F%2F.xml that list the name
of every file on the desktop and it's icon_position.

I noticed this file still had the Computer icon in it and the
icon_position of "64,22" even though it doesn't get displayed.  If I
change the position of Home to be "64,22" in this file it works.  Of
course if I display my Computer icon again it would lay over top of this
one.  I wouldn't want to do that of course, I was just experimenting.

Now the question is what generates the x-nautilus-desktop file and how
can I change the default behavior?  I'm guessing I can't unless I want
to copy a modified version of this file to everyone's home directory
when their account is created - and I won't bother with that for
something this trivial.

-Ron