Re: log out button delay

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:04:36 +0200, David Abrahams
<dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I click the log out button I usually have to wait 7 seconds
> before the window with the restart/shut down/hibernate/suspend
> operations appears.
Are you by any chance using Ubuntu Dapper? I can see this as well with all
windows/dialogues
that are spawned by processes of the root user, but the delay is
considerably longer.

If I disconnect all LAN cables (I use NetworkManager) the problem is gone.
Seems to be related
to networking therefore. Can you acknowledge that?

--
Christian Kirbach
Christian.Kirbach@xxxxxxxxxxx